Blackjack is among the most popular gambling card casino games. Every casino you come across as an online blackjack dealer and countless gamblers trying to win their luck. Thanks to technology, now you don’t need to step outside to enjoy a game of blackjack. You can play online anytime you want.
You can play blackjack online sitting right on your couch! And we have created a selection of the best online blackjack Australia casinos to help you out.
Play Blackjack Online And Win Big
Pro gamblers who want to play a few hands can choose a casino from our list. All of them offer online blackjack. Plus, our team has checked the user experience of every site and even tested a few games.
Online casinos or best blackjack websites have attractive bonuses to make the deal more appealing. You can safely deposit your money using different ways – like cards or bank transfers. The platforms use strong encryption and security protocols to keep you safe always. You can also make withdrawals using user-friendly ways.
Apart from pro gamblers, our sites are ideal for beginners. You can learn how to play blackjack and even play a few demo games for practice. After that, hit the table with a sound blackjack strategy to take on your opponents.
Want to try something else? You can also try your hands on a number of pokies and interesting games.
Online blackjack is growing popular day by day in Australia. Now is the right time to indulge your luck and try to win some real money! We wish you the best of luck.
The History of Blackjack Is More Interesting Than You Think
At this point, everyone knows a little bit of blackjack. It is the most popular and fast-paced game found in casinos today. It is a game of both luck and skill. Interestingly though, the origin of the game has been highly debated until today. Historians aren’t sure exactly where the game originated from.
Here is why. Similar casino games have been played throughout history all over the world and have influenced each other and led to the creation of online blackjack as it is today.
The first time the game was mentioned in a literature book was in a book about the gambler cheaters in Seville. Wherever the game initially originated, it is thought to have been spread in North America by the French colonists in the early 1900s.
How Did It Gain Fame?
The game gained its fame through a strategy that was devised by the casinos in 1900.
For one, the gambling clubs in the United States offered a bonus payout to stimulate and develop the interest of the players. One such bonus was a ten to one payout if the player’s hand consisted of the ace of spades and a blackjack.
Thus slowly, and gradually the game started to become popular.
The History of Blackjack
The exact history of blackjack is highly disputed and like most other card game it doesn’t have a documented point of origin. The true history of this game sadly remains the only speculation, along with interesting trivia like where it might have gotten its name from.
Nevada played a great role in its spread when gambling first became legal there. Among the first games, you could play there was blackjack, and it has remained a strong favorite even today. In time blackjack became popular in countries all around the world being slowly adopted by more and more players.
1960 – An Important Era
In 1960, Edward Thorp expanded on Baldwin’s theory and created a methodology of mathematics that he used to analyze blackjack odds and to develop a card counting system.
This was the first time a card counting system was acknowledged. Later Thorp published his discoveries in the book, “Beat the Dealer”. This book was a best-seller and got the attention of the arcades.
Over the coming years, the casinos tried to make some changes to the rules of the game. But they weren’t accepted by the public and thus the casinos were forced to revert to the original rules of the game.
Play Blackjack Online Today
Photo by Jarosław Kwoczała on Unsplash
Online blackjack games remain one of the fan favorites, a fast pace, and big stakes making it one of the hottest tables in any casino. The place where countless fortunes are gained or lost. You can play Blackjack online on any of Australia’s favorite casino.
Online Blackjack Steps
These steps can help in playing the Blackjack game:
- Hit – You can draw a card when you make a hit.
- Stand – If you do not wish to play on your turn, you can choose to stand.
- Double down – You can double your bet once you get your initial card
- Split – You can split your cards if you have the same value
- Surrender – You can surrender and give up on the game anytime.
20 Online Blackjack terms you need to know
Playing blackjack games is straightforward once you know the terms. Here a bunch of online blackjack terms to keep in mind before playing the game. These terms can help you understand the rules and the game better.
- Action: When players bet at a particular period, the overall amount is called action. For example, 20 bets of 20 AUD each is A$200 of action.
- Bankroll: The amount players plan to bet during the game.
- Breaking hand: Hand without an ace between 12 and 16 is called breaking hand mainly because players can get exactly 21 with either one or zero of these numbers.
- Blackjack: When players hit 21, it’s a blackjack. Usually, it occurs when players have an ace and a ten.
- Bust: When players go over or below 21, it’s a bust.
- Chip down: Chipping down is reducing players’ bet from the last hand.
- Chip up: When you increase your bet from your last hand, it is chip down.
- Double down: When you bet the same amount as your original bet, you’re doubling down.
- Even money: When players end up with a blackjack and the dealer an ace, a 1-1 payout is offered, which is even money.
- Hard hand: The hand without an ace is a hard hand.
- Hit: Drawing another card while betting is a hit. Players can take a hit or stand anytime.
- Face cards: They are King, Queen, and Jack. Their value is 10.
- Soft hand: When players have an ace with a value of 11, drawing another card is called a soft hand.
- Insurance: A bet is offered when an ace is with the dealer.
- Hole card: When the dealer’s card is face down, it is a hole card.
- Stand: When players don’t draw any cards, it is a stand, or it can also be called ‘sitting.’
- Standoff: When the players hand value and the dealer’s hand value are the same, it is a standoff.
- Pair: When you have two cards of equal value, it is a pair.
- Split: You have the choice to bet your initial amount again and can split the value cards into two separate hands.
- Up-Card: The first face up by the dealer is the upcard.
Top 5 Blackjack Variants
Blackjack has five main variants, and this card game was played across the globe in brick-and-mortar casinos. The same has been adapted in online gambling sites to head to the websites and play your chosen game. Slight variations are done to the rules in these variants. But, the basic rule remains the same. Check out the blackjack variants here.
Around 6 to 8 decks are used in this version, and it is one of the most popular types of Blackjack played. In American Blackjack, you are allowed to surrender at any given time. This Blackjack version is standard among online gambling sites compared to other variations. Here, you(player) get a deal when you hit a Blackjack and when the dealer has an ace showing. You are allowed to double your wager anytime with any number in American Blackjack.
European Blackjack is quite different from the American version. Here, it is played using only two decks, and you’re not allowed to double your wager. If you wish to surrender, you cannot do so in this version, unlike American Blackjack. Also, you are allowed to bet double only when you reach nine or above points. It follows the no holecard rule where the dealer deals all the cards to the players and deals his second card only after has played.
Vegas Strip Blackjack
It is almost similar to American Blackjack. Vegas Strip in Las Vegas Boulevard is famous for its casinos and hotels. Here, the dealer deals with four decks of cards, and the dealer can peek if the face-up is an ace, unlike American Blackjack, where the dealer peeks if the face-up is a ten-card, an ace, or a face card. Most of the new gambling sites offer this variation of playing online Blackjack.
In this variation, you and your fellow player can place identical bets and switch later. Plus, unlike ‘bust’ in other variations of online Blackjack games, here, when the dealer hits 21, it’s a push. A player can switch the second hand, and then the rest is similar.
Blackjack perfect pairs
Here, you need to decide before the game starts whether you want to place a side bet for the perfect pairs or not. The pairs are of three different types: coloured pair, mixed pair, and perfect pair. A pair is any two cards with the same number. With face cards, a pair is cards with the same face values. Due to its popularity, it is offered by several new online gambling sites.
Basic Online Blackjack Rules
Online blackjack games are one such casino game that is easy to understand. It’s pretty straightforward when it comes to the rules. You need to know the above terms before learning the game. Though there are several free online Blackjack variations, the rules remain the same.
You need to know the value of the cards before diving into the rules. The cards 2-10 have the same value as their number. The face cards: jack, queen, and king have the value 10. The Ace is an exception here, with either 1 or 11 which is a soft 17.
Australian Online casinos offer a wide array of online free Blackjack games but here are basic rules and blackjack strategy to know before signing up for the websites. You can even play online on blackjack sites with a live dealer blackjack.
- The main aim of Blackjack is to get exactly 21 points to win without going over that number. If you go over or below 21, you lose the game. And that’s the challenge here.
- Face cards are valued at 10 points. And when it comes to Ace, it can be either 1 or 11.
- You can count cards in Blackjack but it may not be the best thing to do.
- You need to start with the first two cards, and one of the dealer’s cards is faced down till the end.
- As the game progresses, you can choose to draw one more card or skip your turn. You ‘hit’ when you draw a new one, and you ‘stand’ when you don’t want to play when your turn comes.
- When the dealer deals the cards, if you get an ace along with a 10, you win right off the bat. You hit a Blackjack with the first two cards. You’ve got to be lucky enough to get that!
- You are busted when you go below or over 21 than the dealer.
- The dealer hits until 17 is reached.
- When you double your bet, you double your wager and get two cards. When you split, your bet gets doubled, too, with each split having the original amount.
- You can split your card when you get two cards of the same number.
- Aces can be split, but you cannot gamble on two aces.
Online Blackjack: Play Free blackjack Games vs real money blackjack
Photo by Keenan Constance on Unsplash
You can play free online Blackjack online if you’re new and don’t want to risk using real money right off the bat. It gives an idea about how online games work. You can practice online Blackjack by playing it for free and then head to playing with real money.
The best part of free online Blackjack is you need to deposit any money. It helps you apply the strategy and master games. But you don’t get access to a lot of games or blackjack variants. Once you start playing online Blackjack for real money, you need to gamble on a limit without getting carried away.
Online Blackjack Pay-outs
Always go for blackjack sites with the best payouts. Ideally, they offer 3:2 or 2:1 payout. Some of the best online gambling websites offer 6:5 or 7:5 payouts. These sites offer a 1:1 payout, which is just not worth going for. Keep watch on such payout options and choose the right one. Check whether the website you’re signing up for is established and authentic before signing up.
Online Blackjack Game Live dealer Casino
You can choose to start playing free Blackjack games online or with a live dealer who is operating at a live casino. Live casinos are best, they are fun and offer a real casino vibe. They are way better than regular casinos. And you don’t have to worry about the live casinos being rigged. Sign up for a trusted website and check for the payment methods. You can win big with real money by applying the right blackjack strategy. Playing Blackjack online in live casinos can be super fun and immersive, where you can chat with a fellow player and the dealer behind the screen.
Tips to Play Online Blackjack Games
Here are some top tips for playing online blackjack games to increase the odds of winning. Keep these tricks in mind if you’re a novice gambler or a pro gambler. Use the best and right strategy when playing Blackjack games.
- Splitting two 10’s may not be a great idea. Especially when it comes to playing Blackjack online game, it’s a little tricky as you have to get the exact number 21. Try to split the cards of 8 because these cards give you a hand value of 16, and you might end up losing the game.
- Double down when you get two 5’s. Splitting the two cards may not be the right choice. Since your hand value is 10 with two 5’s, it is possible to hit a Blackjack.
- Stand when the dealer’s hand value is within 2 and 6 while your hand value is within 12 to 16. It gives an edge over the dealer and closer to hitting the Blackjack.
- If your hand value is greater than 17 any time, stand. And if the value is 11 or less, it is better to take a hit. Odds of winning is higher with this approach.
- Never buy insurance or go with the dealer while playing blackjack games online. It doesn’t help you win big.
- It is advisable to keep a time-frame and limit how much you would gamble before playing free Blackjack games.
- Unlike quite a few gambling games where it works with guesses, Blackjack game involves strategy. Know the approach and the right tactics before diving in to play. Blackjack is not a pure game of chance, and you should know the basic rules well.
- When signing up for new websites, use all the welcome bonuses as you sign up. Making a deposit without using these bonuses may not help you win big.
- Placing a bet based on your previous wins and losses is a flawed approach. Never depend on it. Check for the cards in hand and make the right move.
Online Blackjack FAQ
Is it legal to play online Blackjack game in Australia?
Yes, it is absolutely legal to play Blackjack online. You need to check the authority of the website before signing up to ensure they are authentic websites. You can play free Blackjack games with a live dealer blackjack at online gambling sites and win real money. You can also play with other players.
Can you play Blackjack games for real money online?
Yes, you can play online Blackjack game for real money. But, ensure online websites don’t rob you of your money. Sign up for the top authentic ones with verified payment methods. There are plenty of gambling sites on the web, and you need to know which to sign up for real money.
How do you play virtual Blackjack games with friends?
Gambling websites have the option to make members play casino games. You can download the app offered by the website and make your friends play virtual Blackjack games. You can also play live online casino games any day. Use the right blackjack strategy to win big.
Is 21 and Blackjack the same?
Yes, both are the same. Blackjack is also called the game of 21 as the player has to get exactly 21 points to win at it. The main aim of the Blackjack is to get 21 without going over the number.
Which online casinos are legal in Australia?
Some of the top legal online gambling sites in Australia are legal. The best online gambling websites are Rich Casino, 7Reels Casino, Spin Palace Casino, 7Spins Casino, and 21Dukes Casino. You can head to these top sites and start playing right away.