Keno is similar to a game of the lottery and depends heavily on chance. Most of the casino regulars will tell you that keno is the most underrated game. If you have a look at the Keno table, it will remind you of Bingo. Because it has 1 to 80 numbers arrayed in a table, and the players have to choose 1 to 10 numbers.
But how to play keno? We will discuss the game with its rules and tips in this article!
1. The History of Keno!
Keno originates from China, which was brought into the United States by the early Chinese immigrants around the 1800s. Obviously, the original Chinese keno had 80 Chinese characters. But, they were all replaced by Arabic numerals in the US.
Each number was denoted by the name of a racehorse in Nevada for a long time. Due to this, the game came to be known as racehorse keno. In 1951, the horses’ name vanished, owing to the tax on off-track betting was passed. The operators certainly did not want the game to be considered as betting on horse races. Even today, many casinos call each game session a “race.”
Owing to this enticing history, most of the casinos in Nevada have keno lounges. In these lounges, numbered balls are blown out through an air blower, and winners are decided. Some casinos in the Midwest have live keno lounges.
2. How to Play keno?
As you might have guessed by now, keno is much like the lottery. Typically, you pick 1 to 10 numbers from 1 to 80. You get a payout depending on the numbers you got right out of the drawn numbers.
And now, here is a quick rundown of the rules on how to play keno!
- The classic keno was played with numbered balls. They were put together in a transparent, circular container. They were spun around, and then about 20 numbers were drawn at random.
- However, in online casinos, different procedures are followed, and some even have unique features.
- The players choose their number, and the software draws any 20 random numbers and decide the winners.
- In keno, the payouts rely on how many numbers drawn match the numbers on player’s cards. Of course, more matched numbers mean bigger payout.
- The payouts vary from platform to platform, and hence, you should check out the paytable before betting.
3. Starting a Game of Keno!
This quick step-by-step guide on how a game goes will give you a better idea of how to play keno.
- When you start the game, you will either get a card or table that displays the 80 numbers.
- Now, you must place bets on the numbers that you believe will show up during the draw.
- Typically, the players can choose up to a maximum of 10 numbers. But some online casinos can allow you to choose 15 or 20 numbers.
- Make sure you go through the paytable before betting. Also, check the odds and rules!
Online casinos offer quite a vivid experience that make keno fun. Some keno games have cool themes and cartoons that make the game quite attractive and engaging. It does not matter which game you select; the basic rules remain the same. The betting requirements, range, and payouts may differ. The simple gameplay appeals to beginners. And mostly, if you like slots, Bingo, lottery, or roulette, then you should definitely give keno a shot.
4. Some keno strategies you should know!
By now, you must have realized that keno is a game of chance and requires no special skills. The outcomes of keno are totally random and depend upon your luck. So, even if you develop a strategy, it does not affect the odds much. But it is always smart to have some kind of design or tips to follow when you are playing.
Out of those 80 keno balls, if 20 are drawn, then there are 3,535,316,142,212,174,320 possible combinations! So, your chances of getting the numbers right are quite low!
If you play keno at casinos, you might have noticed some players betting on numbers that have not been drawn yet. These are the cold numbers. On the contrary, the numbers that have just shown up are referred to as the hot numbers. Some players keep track of the hot numbers and bet on those. These are not exactly strategies; they are more like patterns or trends.
Some players like to bet on successive numbers like 7, 8, 9 or 23, 24, 25, and so on. They believe that one or more of those successive numbers will show up at the drawing time. However, the number of sequences does not impact the outcomes in any case.
Meanwhile, the majority of the players simply place bets on their lucky numbers or favourite numbers. These can be considered as styles or patterns, as the numbers’ order does not have any mathematical advantage.
5. Some keno betting tips!
You cannot control the random outcomes much, but you can always control what you bet! Managing your bankroll effectively can ensure that you do not empty your pockets and have a fun game. Here are three tips that you should always remember –
- Claim the bonuses that casinos offer.
- Do not deposit more than you afford to lose.
- Never try to recover your losses.
It does not matter whether it is an online casino or an offline one; keno is the same everywhere. You will notice that the online versions are a little faster than live ones. Moreover, some casinos even offer quarter and dollar keno games.
So, this was a quick guide on how to play keno. You can try out the keno games for free on online casino websites before you go ahead and put real money at stake.